ACP Membership Meeting
ACP's annual gathering of members
2024 ACP Membership Meeting
Thursday-Friday, May 30-31, 2024
The following tracks and sessions are currently planned for the upcoming meeting. Check out this space for updates as the meeting dates approach.
- Ethics and Legal Ramifications of AI-Generated Images: This session should address how to effectively identify AI-generated images, how to recognize that you are using AI. This session is part of the Design and AI tracks. This session will be promoted as a crossover session for design, marketing, and editorial staff. Speaker: Craig Gipson, Flagler Law Group
- Design as a Service and Vocation: This session should address how designers view their work as both a service and as part of fulfilling their own vocation and/or their employer’s mission. Speaker: Rosanna White
- Book Design as Branding Design: This session should take a “brand-first” approach that will help designers and marketers better understand and plan for potential line extensions into video, podcasts, and other marketing assets. Speaker: Rosanna White
- Non-Fiction Developmental Editing: This session should address the stage between acquiring the work and before it gets moved forward as a project to copyediting. The session should talk about what developmental editors do, how they do it, approaches to take, and how they make decisions on which titles to develop and not develop. This session will appeal to editors, editorial leaders, and potential non-fiction authors. Speaker: Greg Pierce, former publisher at ACTA Publishing
- Recruiting Diverse Talent as Authors and Editors: This session should help identify practices for recruiting talent and skills to look for. This session may appeal to editors, editorial leaders, and authors. Speakers: Ericka McIntyre, freelance editor; Shannon Wimp Schmidt, author
- What Are the Best Ways to Use Writing and AI: This session should appeal to editors and marketers. This session should address how can you parse what is a good use of AI in writing, when AI is helpful and not helpful, how to use AI well for translations, and talk about the practical implications of basic intellectual property concerns. Speakers: David White, Chrism Press; Karina Fabian, Catholic Writers Guild
- Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Christian Publishing: Issues & Opportunities: This session should help attendees better understand what the questions we need to be asking and the answers to the questions we currently have, and address legal/ethical issues of intellectual property issues. Speaker: Craig Gipson, Flagler Law Group
- How to Shape Our Organizational Culture in the Post-Pandemic World: This session should address how organizational culture has changed since the pandemic including the impact of remote/hybrid work environments. The session should include insights on managing different generations of workers and generational expectations. This session will be in 2 parts. Speaker: TBD
- Social Media and Influencer Marketing: This session should include insights into best practices for using social media and influencer marketing well. Speaker: TBD
- Best Practices on Key Words and Metadata: This session should address best practices on how to choose and use key words and metadata well. Speaker: Bethany Olsen, I V Press
- Targeting Audience in Social Media Today: This session should address the changes in channels and the evolving social media environment with best practices for how to target audiences well. Speaker: Mike Pacer, 5 Stones
Awards and Honors
On Thursday evening, we will honor the new inductees to the ACP Hall of Fame and the newest recipient of the ACP Outstanding Service Award.
Help with Catholic Writers Guild's Pitch Sessions
If you are an editor or interesting in attending the Catholic Writers Guild meeting, especially as part of their Thursday pitch sessions, registration will be in addition to your ACP Membership Meeting registration.
Room rates are $119.00. Mention that you are with the "Association Catholic Publishers" to get this special rate. The cut-off date for this rate is May 8, 2024.
- Call the Holiday Inn O'Hare. Call 1-800-HOLIDAY (1-800-465-4329) or 773-693-5800. Please mention the group name ACP at the time of reservation to obtain the discounted rate.
- Going to hiohare.com and typing in the Group code: ACP