OSV Institute Grants $893,000 to Hispanic Experience Initiative
Huntington, IN: OSV Institute announces its most recent round of grant funding in the amount of $893,000 awarded to Catholic organizations and programs dedicated to supporting its Hispanic Experience initiative.
In recent years, OSV Institute has focused its funding on three specific initiatives: Re-Captivating Millennials, Hispanic Experience, and Supporting Parents. These specific areas have a great impact on the future of the Church, but are severely lacking in their current environments. By zeroing in on these three initiatives, and seeking unique innovations in evangelization, they can target resources to maximize impact in the Church.
This round of grant approvals were all dedicated to supporting the Hispanic Experience initiative. "Hispanics now represent more than 60% of the Catholic Church in America," states Jason Shanks, OSV Institute President. "Unfortunately, little is being done to strengthen the rich faith traditions of the Hispanic/Latino culture." Through the Hispanic Experience initiative, OSV Institute supports organizations and programs seeking to learn from and better understand the Hispanic experience in America in order to better support and engage Hispanic families and their children.
OSV Institute is confident that all of the following organizations and programs awarded grants will support and engage Hispanic families and their children, and leave a lasting impact on the Church:
- American Federation Pueri Cantores – Hispanic Music Ministry
- Archdiocese of Chicago, Office of Human Dignity & Solidarity - Immigration Ministry – Implement Pastoral Migratoria National Pilot
- Bishop Luers High School – Hispanic/Latino Communication Project and Laptops for ELL
- Diocese of Lafayette, IN - Office of Hispanic Ministry – Liturgical-musical formation for Youth and Young Adults
- Diocese of Lexington – Hispanic Women & Children Center
- Dismas Ministry – Spanish Prayer Book
- Iskali – Program Director for Outreach and Evangelization
- Lumen Christi Institute – Seminars "Bringing to Light the Hispanic Experience"
- Southeast Pastoral Institute – Permanent Diaconate Formation Program
- Theology of the Body Evangelization Team Inc (TOBET) – Translation of Materials
- USCCB – NFP Leaders Summit
- Vagabond Ministries – Black and Hispanic Missionary Fund
- Witness to Love Marriage Prep Renewal Ministry – Civil Marriage Initiative for Hispanic Community
- Black//Brown – Latino Market Assessment and Business Opportunities
About OSV Institute: In 1915, Fr. John Francis Noll began the OSV Institute to extend the reach of Our Sunday Visitor in service and support of Catholic organizations. With over $80 million returned to Catholic organizations to date, the OSV Institute continues to serve the Church by supporting and encouraging innovative and effective Church-related programs and activities. Three areas of special interest for funding are Re-Captivating Millennials, Hispanic Experience, and Supporting Parents. In 2017 the Institute expanded its reach to provide support for new innovation and to serve as an incubator for new efforts supporting the Catholic Church. Learn more at www.osvinstitute.com.