The 3rd Annual Mid-Atlantic Congress–Forming Catholic Leaders for Faith-filled Service, co-sponsored by the Association of Catholic Publishers (ACP) and the Archdiocese of Baltimore, in partnership with the National Leadership Roundtable for Church Management, is a unique and dynamic conference created just for you, today’s Catholic pastoral and administrative leader.
The Mid-Atlantic Congress (MAC) is organized around three essential themes, one for each of the three days.
- Thursday—Journey with Christ in Faith: Creating and sustaining a passion for our faith that nurtures everyday evangelization
- Friday—Journey with Christ in Worship: Engaging in life-giving evangelization that leads us to the sacraments, especially Eucharist
- Saturday—Journey with Christ in Witness: Demonstrating how faith motivates us to be a witness in society and the world today, and how that witness is sustained through the Eucharist.
Each day offers you the opportunity to be inspired by prestigious Leadership Assembly Keynote Speakers.
- Thursday: Sr. Theresa Rickard, OP, President of Renew International,and Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, Archdiocese of Louisville, with Hosffman Ospino and ValLimar Jansen
- Friday: Fr. Rick Hilgartner, Executive Director, USCCB Secretariat for Divine Worship, with Sr. Rosa Monique Pena, and Dr. Karen Ristau.
- Saturday: Rev. Bob Barron, President, University of Saint Mary of the Lake, and Rector, Mundelein Seminary
On Saturday morning, we focus specifically on engaging young adults in the mission of the New Evangelization by hosting a panel of experts in a mega-workshop at 8:00 a.m. during Round 5. Each speaker comes from a distinct ministry area, and will be asked to respond to the question of how their faith motivates them to be a witness in society and the world today, and how that witness is sustained through the Eucharist. The facilitator and panelists are:
- Kerry Robinson, Executive Director, Roundtable (Facilitator)
- John Angotti , World Library Publications (Arts/Music)
- Fr. Steve Bell, Paulist Father, Busted Halo (Media)
- Sr. Gabriela Davila, St. Joseph High School, Turnbull, CT (Campus Ministry)
- Santiago Fernandez, Music Minister, St. Michael Parish (Music)
- Dr. Curtis Turner, Principal, St. Francis Academy, Baltimore, MD (Catholic Education)
Working in partnership with the National Leadership Roundtable on Church Management, the MAC offers parish and diocesan staff and volunteers an in-depth opportunity to address temporal challenges facing Catholic leaders in the areas of management, finances, human resources, and planning.
Enjoy interacting with more than 75 extraordinary speakers as you meet people engaged in all ministries of the Church. Share your learning experiences through new communication technologies. Visit the new resource center to learn about important products and services to support your ministries. Participate in facilitated networking sessions led by the Catholic Apostolate Center, one each day during the MAC. Celebrate your faith in prayer and worship.
We hope the 2014 MAC opens the doors for your faith-filled witness and service. We are happy you are here.